- What's Trauma Got to Do With It
December 7, 2021
2:30 pm - 4:30 pm
What’s Trauma Got to Do With It
Children and Youth in juvenile justice and social service agencies have often experienced complex developmental trauma, demonstrating an interactive set of psychological and behavioral issues and the staff in those agencies have difficulty understanding and dealing with those behaviors. Research reveals that a caregiver’s attitude and beliefs determine intervention strategies used.
Participants in this webinar will:
- Discuss the definition of trauma,
- Explore how trauma impacts brain functioning in youth,
- Explore how the effects are displayed through the youth’s behavior,
- Examine methods that aid in identifying what the traumas are, and
- Gain a trauma-informed understanding of the delinquent behaviors.
What’s Trauma Got to Do With It – Darius Payne