- Conquering the Leadership Challenge
May 11, 2021 - May 12, 2021
9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Conquering the Leadership Challenge – Hosted by Smith County CSCD
May 11-12, 2021 Training Site: 205 Shelly Drive, Tyler, TX
This 2-day workshop, which is based upon the research of James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner, is about how leaders mobilize others to want to get extraordinary things done in organizations. It’s about practices leaders use to transform values into action, visions into realities, obstacles into innovations, separateness into solidarity, and risks into rewards. It’s about leadership that makes a positive difference in the work-place and creates the climate in which people turn challenging opportunities into remarkable successes.
Participants in this workshop will
1. Find answers to the questions:
a. “How do I become the leader people want to follow?
b. “How can I get other, by free will and free choice, to move forward together in pursuit of a common vision?”
c. “How can I mobilize others to want to struggle for shared aspirations?”
2. Learn the “Five Practices of Exemplary Leadership” that grew out of rigorous research conducted by The Leadership Challenge authors James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner,
3. Examine the “Ten commitments of Exemplary Leadership,”
4. Explore the characteristics that people look for and admire in their Leaders,
5. Learn why people demand credibility of the people they follow,
6. Discover how leaders gain and lose credibility,
7. Identify their own values and philosophies of leadership,
8. Identify how to develop a vision and how a shared vision impacts the organization,
9. Discuss the two essentials that ensure extraordinary things happen within their organization,
10. Explore how to get others to perform at their best, and
11. Walk away from the training with a Note Taking Guide full of knowledge which, if practiced on a daily basis, will enable them to lead more effectively.